Saturday, February 18, 2012

Would you please help me translate: Al Signpr Roberto Udny Cavaliere Inglese amatore delle belle arti?

In segno d' ofseuio Il Cavaliere Gio Batta Piranesi

I found this on the bottom of an old paint I bought years back!Would you please help me translate: Al Signpr Roberto Udny Cavaliere Inglese amatore delle belle arti?It probably reads: "Al Signor Roberto Udnij Cavaliere Inglese amatore delle belle arti. In segno d'ossequio Il Cavaliere Gio Batta Piranesi"



It means: "To Sir Robert Udnij, English Knight, fine arts estimator. As a sign of homage. Sir Gio Batta Piranesi"



Gio Batta Piranesi stands for Giovanni Battista Piranesi, an Italian artist of the 18th century (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_Ba鈥?/a>



Hope this helpsWould you please help me translate: Al Signpr Roberto Udny Cavaliere Inglese amatore delle belle arti?its italian for english knights of the fine artsWould you please help me translate: Al Signpr Roberto Udny Cavaliere Inglese amatore delle belle arti?to Mr Roberto Udny, english knight, lover of fine arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment