Monday, January 30, 2012

The agency beau-belle models, asked me to join their agency. But I was wondering if it was a scam?

They left me an email, I've checked out the website but i am unsure.. I don't want to be ripped off! HELP!! xxThe agency beau-belle models, asked me to join their agency. But I was wondering if it was a scam?I have had a look and they are asking you to pay for an audtion, have a look under the fees section, i think its a scam, they should never ask you to pay!The agency beau-belle models, asked me to join their agency. But I was wondering if it was a scam?
"Beau-Bellemodels has been established for 6yrs and is growing from strength to strength



So why are we different? Well were fresh, were fun we offer normal street wise kids who are cute, quirky and full of confidence! With us you get what you see! "



That's the opening line from their About Us page. There are at least 8 mistakes in the first four sentences. That, unfortunately, tells me something about their professionalism.



Then I looked at some of their photographs of the models. Snap-shots, I'm afraid. I know it's only my opinion but I don't like the lighting and composition of many of the shots. Also, there are many empty slots where photos won't load.



Try posting this same question in Arts%26amp;Humanities%26gt;Visual Arts%26gt;Photography and ask the photographers there what they think of the quality of imagery provided. Then you'll get a balanced view including their opinions on the agency itself.



It might well not be a scam - how can anyone tell - but they shouldn't charge you anything but a commission on the work they secure for you.



Edit: Provide a link for them...photographers are a little lazy and often won't go looking.The agency beau-belle models, asked me to join their agency. But I was wondering if it was a scam?What ever you do, do not pay anything to them. If they say oh we need you to pay $250 or whatever for your first set of photos to get started or by this or that its a scam. trust me, if its a legit place %26amp; they want you, they take care of all the photos/styling %26amp; paying you. Secondly be honest with yourself do you look like a model, yes then best of luck, if not be smart about it, don't let them pray on your emotions.
This is what sounds like a red flag to me: "The total fee of 拢100.00 is for children 2yrs and above and 拢70 for babies under this age this is due upon signature of the agency鈥檚 terms and conditions at the time of joining with us and includes a photo shoot with our agency." Agencies do NOT offer photoshoots.



FYI - I had no "agency-quality" photos when my agency scouted me. When they signed me, they told me what types of photos they needed ("Commercial/lifestyle"), gave me a list of photographers in the area who did that type of photography, and I had to get photos taken for my comp card (model's business card which has photos on it). I didn't have to use any of the photographers on the list, I was free to go to any photographer I wanted as long as they knew how to do commercial photography (and I paid the photographer directly; I did not have to give money to the agency). If an "agency" sends you to use their in-house photographer %26amp; don't give you the option to shop around for a different photographer, then it is a scam. I did have to pay for my comp cards, but it wasn't very much (about 75 US dollars or about 50 British pounds).



Best "education" on how to get into modeling %26amp; the modeling world: www.newmodels.com or www.exploremodeling.com. Both sites explain how the modeling world REALLY works and how to get into modeling. Educate yourself so you don't get scammed. Also check out: http://carinaecasting.com/site/index.php鈥?/a>



Best of luck!The agency beau-belle models, asked me to join their agency. But I was wondering if it was a scam?look at their site, there are maybe 2 people who look like models, the others all look like normal people, I would be careful coz it looks like they accept anyone, and those agencies that accept anyone are usually ones that want you to pay and never get any workThe agency beau-belle models, asked me to join their agency. But I was wondering if it was a scam?
I think if they make you pay a fee first, its a scam. Real agencies make you pay for nothing unless you actually are successful, and then they take like, 20% or whatever.
it's ok to try and go for it. Just don't give them any money.The agency beau-belle models, asked me to join their agency. But I was wondering if it was a scam?
If they ask you for money then its a scam.

No comments:

Post a Comment