Thursday, January 26, 2012

My friend belle has a smoking addiction how can i help her?

Hi

Now I will assume you are speaking of cigarettes? I myself also smoke and I have tried to kick it numerous times. One thing I am for sure of is that the person has got to WANT to quit! Unfortunately sometimes smokers end up quitting because of medical reasons. And that is just to bad that this kind of addiction can have such a grip on our day to day lives.

My mom smoked heavily for years. The family always joked that she would have to be put in a rubber room for about a month before she would ever quit. She was rushed to the ER about 2 months ago because she kept fainting and turned out she had to have surgery on one of her arteries. It was caused because of smoking of course. Well did you know that she has not smoked one cigarette since she was brought into that ER!!! It is all about mind over matter. That is why the smoker has got to WANT to quit! That has got to be the starting point for your friend also!! I know it is not much help to you, but your friend can buy the patch and the gum, and whatever else they have come out with, and maybe it will work for your friend. But, I know that 75% of it would be because your friend wanted to quit. So that is just a little personal experience. I am going to attach a couple links so that you can show your friend some medical consequences of smoking.



Good Luck and maybe I will WANT to quit after looking at these links!!!My friend belle has a smoking addiction how can i help her?Get her nicoret for Christmas.My friend belle has a smoking addiction how can i help her?I quit 13 months ago with prescription Chantix.



Your friend must have a true desire to quit. The desire has to come from inside her.



She can start using Chantix and continue to smoke the first week as long as she sets a quit date. Chantix stopped cravings for the nicotine but breaking the emotional and physical habit had to be tackled with willpower, a true desire to quit and prayer.



I went through emotional highs and lows and started feeling my feelings with more intensity than ever. I didn't realize how much nicotine can dull your feelings until I quit. Other quitters had similar experiences for the first year.

No comments:

Post a Comment